top of page

You may want to transfer your prescriptions to another pharmacy, for example, after you move. This can be done for most medications when you have a valid prescription. Find out more about this useful service.

You can ask for your prescriptions of eligible medications to be transferred to another pharmacy. This transfer can be partial (e.g., a medication while you're away on a trip) or full (e.g., your entire medication record after you move). Narcotic pain relievers and controlled medications (such as ADHD medications) can’t be transferred. Benzodiazepines (a type of medication for anxiety or insomnia) can only be transferred once. Other conditions may also apply.


The pharmacy where you originally had your prescription filled will contact your new pharmacy to do the transfer. Remember that you are free to choose your pharmacy based on the quality of the professional services you receive and your relationship of trust with your pharmacist.

bottom of page